Thursday, December 20, 2007

blue eye dolls, still?

Well, I didn't get my sh*# together in time to order Liam's xmas/solstice present on-line, and now I'm stuck. Have I fallen into that stereotypical trap of trying to find the exact gift that my son has asked for? Uh, yeah. Liam, bless his heart, wants a babydoll with brown eyes and a pink outfit - easy enough with multicultural choices today - but not available in the main. I've been to toy stores all over town today with no luck - even the progressive RockridgeKids only had blue-eyed dolls - what is the percentage of people on the planet, even in the U.S. that has blue eyes? I just can't believe that the doll/toy world is still living out that bad stereotype, even today. I'd expect it for Barbies, but are toddlers/preschoolers/young kids really demanding blue eyed dolls already? Or is it their parents? Should I take brown marker to one? Just give up? Reality is, though, Liam would care more about the pink - does he like pink or is it b/c he wants one just like his sister's? Who knows? All I know is that I may have to hit the malls (gasp) this week-end...baby jesus, give me strength...all of the photos I saw of him growing up were "angelic" blue eyes. - what would jesus do?

2 Comments:

Blogger ماليكاا said...

شركة نسر الجنوب تقدم لكم افضل خدمات المنزلية , الشركة لديها افضل خدمات منزلية بمنطقة الجنوب من عزل اسطح وعزل خزانات وعزل فوم وتنظيف خزانات وتنظيف منازل ومكافحة الحشرات
شركة عزل اسطح بخميس مشيط شركة نسر الجنوب

شركة رش مبيدات بخميس مشيط شركة نسر الجنوب
شركة تنظيف خزانات بأحد رفيدة

::::::::::::::::::::
تعد شركات التنظيف كثيرة ومتنوعه ولكن شركة نسر الجنوب تعد من افضل شركات التنظيف على الإطلاق نظراً لما تقدمها من خدمات وارسعار في متناول , الجمبيع تواصل معنا عبر الروابط التالية
شركة تنظيف خزانات بخميس مشيط
شركة تنظيف مساجد بخميس مشيط
شركة مكافحة حشرات بخميس مشيط



9:48 PM

 
Blogger Malika sa3ed said...

شركة الأندلس للخدمات المنزلية

شركة تسليك مجاري بابها

شركة تنظيف خزانات بابها
شركة تنظيف بابها
شركة عزل خزانات بابها
شركة ترميم منازل بابها
شركة مكافحة حشرات بخميس مشيط

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

5:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home