Monday, August 13, 2007

Will I get nipples when I get older?

I took Liam and Kalian to the Y this morning - after dumping them off in childwatch for an hour while I "exorcised" (as Liam puts it), I took them to the pool to splash around. We first went to the locker room to change into our suits. Usually, we swim outdoors and Kalian has an spf "suit" that covers her whole body and Liam wears something similar, but since we were indoors, I only brought a one-piece "normal" suit for the K-train and some swim trunks for Kalian. Liam looked at Kalian and my one-piece suits and then at his trunks. He asked if he could have one like ours. Rats - I want to keep him in an asexual vacuum for the rest of his life. Inhale. Exhale.

Me: "Well, when girls get older, they need to cover up their nipples when they go out in public."
Liam: "Well, I have nipples, too - I want a top like yours."
Me: "Sure, we can get you a suit like ours."
Liam: "But will my nipples get big like yours?"
Me: "Probably not, only girls' nipples usually get bigger."
Liam: "But I want to give Ama when I get bigger." (Ama is our word for breastfeeding)
Me: "Oh, that would be nice."
Mom next to me with a young baby: "Oh, yeah, that would be real nice."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home